My Blog List

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

very sad situation

I have some things going on with extended family that are making me very sad, and very frustrated.  A member of our family is being hurt by actions that were not hers, but her mothers actions. Her mother is so stubborn, and I am sorry but MEAN, that instead of doing what needed done to make sure her daughters wedding was beautiful, with all her family there, she continued to say  mean and terrible things about me.  When Handsome was shown what she said about me, he tried calling her, she would not answer. So he was very angry and said you cannot talk to LTW like that, and if you insist on this, we will NOT be coming to the wedding.
We never heard another word from wicked witch of the east after that he left that message.  So we assumed that she would tell her daughter, that we were not coming.  We did not expect her to tell the truth, but at least mention to daughter we cannot come.  There are long standing issues here, and her daughter chose to ignore these issues and pretend all is well.  The wedding is this weekend. I got a message from the bride saying "you are still coming right?"  Now, the thing is, that I am the bad guy to her mother, she is angry with me.The reasons are selfish and if she said the reasons out loud, she may realize that she sounds crazy, but she makes her own reality and always has.....
I told her to call her mother.  She then got back to me, and of course her mother made a different reality, and her daughter is mad with us because we are choosing not to come.  I had to tell her what happened, and why.  She told me, I am staying out of this situation with you and mom.  I told her that because of the foul and awful things she said, uncle Handsome wants an apology from Wicked Witch mom.
She blames us.
Again, I am the bitch, the bad guy. I am the selfish one.
You know, I have only let the wicked witches mother live with me and care for her for THIRTEEN YEARS. So yeah, I deserve the anger on her part.........not.
But ultimately I am sad that we cannot be there, I was excited and happy to go.  The bride was excited to have her whole family around her.
And now we are the ones feeling bad again..
Peace and Blessings.

5 comments:

  1. Your anger is understandable but are you not kinda punishing the daughter for the sins of the mother by not going? None of my business I guess but you did post it for comment and I always try and return comments as well so I feel obligated in a way :)

    Boy talk about a catch 22

    Personally I would still go if the daughter was innocent in the matter and ignore the witch. Well I would prolly find some way to insult her but that's just me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PP, I agree with you, I wanted to still go. My husband is the one who will not go. Unfortunately I dont agree with his decision, but my husband is the leader of the family, and it is his family, not my own.
    It is out of state, and I suggested that we go to the wedding, and leave after the wedding, before any drinking started. My husband knows how I feel, but refuses to budge.
    There is so much more to the history of his family, this is not the first thing to happen. This was really the straw that broke my hubs back.
    I feel terrible for my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, to clarify, Handsome was shown the horrible names and such by his brother, who is who the message was sent to. I knew she did not like me, but what was said was so angry and foul, I had no clue it went that deep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm well I certainly respect your decision to respect your husbands decision. Can't argue with that even though I see things differently than he does. I think the next thing I would do is write your niece a letter with a wedding card and explain the situation from your position. It might not help but it might give her something to think about.

    Your husband is correct that there is no reason to submit yourself to verbal abuse that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are sending a card, and I do wish her well. I feel pretty bad but respect my husband. Thank you PP

    ReplyDelete