My Blog List

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Life and living

Oh my, are you all ready for spring?  I know I am, yet spring brings its own anxieties.  I have so many projects that I thought we would get done over the winter that we did not finish.  I have so many projects that are coming up that I feel like we are behind the eight ball already. We have all been sick with one thing after another and it has really done a number on getting projects done. I hate to ask Handsome and the Boy to work all weekend at home when they are both sick and worked all week. So things sit and I get more anxious. I hate anxiety lol.
The Boy has cellulitis, he got terribly sick before we realized that it was not the flu, he woke up and was so fevered, I just so happened to see his leg and O my goodness, I knew.  He is at the Dr now seeing if a week of strong antibiotics will be good enough or will he need IV antibiotics. I am praying that he only needs more strong medicine and not the IV's. He has missed a week of work, and that stinks as he has been saving hard, and will now have to dip into his savings.

I getting anxious to get in the yard and get some garden work going, but there is still a tiny bit of snow on my raised beds still, so I guess I must wait :(  I have found a great source of composted horse manure though, and as soon as it is thawed, we are going and getting some.  I have started some of my seeds in the house, and am waiting for my other seeds from Bakers Creek Heritage seed farm ( rareseeds.com)
This is one of the best places for non GMO all heritage seeds. I have visited the actual farm in Mansfield MO and met the people who own it and they are the most nice, and genuine people you would want to meet, check out their web site if you are a gardener you will love it.  Also, they print one of the  NICEST all color FREE catalogs out there.  Seriously, check them out, you wont be sorry! ( and no i get nothing from them lol)

Handsome and I are discussing a trip on the bike to the Great Smokey Mountains as well as the Cherokee NC area to ride some of the amazing roads they have down there.  Truly the Smokies and the Blue Ridge are two of the most beautiful places I have ever been to, and I really want to go back and spend more time on the bike there. I was thinking of renting a cabin, but I think we are going to totally wing it, we are going to just pack the bike and go in the direction we want, and stop when we find a place and ride when we want to move on.  This is to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.  We never had a honeymoon, and we used to talk about taking one to a tropical place, we both just adore road trips, and we love an adventure, so this trip sounds like more fun to us.  Maybe one day we will do the beach and tropics but for now, we are free wheeling on the open roads.  I love meeting new people, and seeing new places, finding the little hole in the wall diner that looks scary but puts out amazing food.  I am praying that everything fall into place that we can actually do that this year.

I just spoke to the Boy, and the doctor is going to give him a few more days on antibiotics and a recheck on Monday.  The redness is gone but there is still considerable swelling, if it is not better Monday they are going to do a doppler to maker sure there is no blood clot.  If you are the praying sort would you say a prayer that this heals well and quickly?

I promise to check in sooner, with everyone being sick, life has been CRAZY.
I hope that you are all healthy and happy,
Peace and Blessings
LTW

1 comment:

  1. I hope your son gets to feeling better and Spring stays around long enough for you to get out there and do some gardening work. Bakers creek is a great company and a fun place to visit. I was down by there not but a month or so ago.

    ReplyDelete