My Blog List

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Five Love Languages

Early in my writing I spoke of the book "The Five Love Languages".  This book opened new doors of understanding for me in how to love and how I need  to be shown love.  This book and the web site opened the window on why I am constantly hugging Handsome.  Or why I always am the one to kiss him.  Physical touch is a main love language for me.  If I do not get that physical touch, I do not feel loved.  I have told Handsome this, but I still am the one who always reaches out first for affection.
I have tried to not be the first one to reach out, but after a few days with no physical affection, I cannot go without, and I reach out for it.
I will talk with Handsome about it, and he will be ok for a few days, but then reverts back to me doing the touching just so I get my love fix.  It hurts me, truthfully, but I am not sure at this stage of the game that Handsome will ever change his ways.
But this book did help me.  It helped me recognize so many things about how and why I love, and how and why Handsome does what he does.

This is the web site  http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

check it out, I firmly believe this book should be required reading for all people who are engaged.  I believe had I had this information back when we were younger, it would have changed so very much about our lives.

The other book I recomend to all husbands and wives is
http://smile.amazon.com/How-We-Love-Discover-Marriage/dp/1400072999/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417020371&sr=8-1&keywords=how+we+love&pebp=1417020374374

I am reading it now, and it is eye opening.  Truly explaining so many things about the differences in Handsome and I and why we love the way we do.  Very very good book.

I know when I started this blog, I spoke of my husbands emotional affair and the tole it took on me.  I still struggle, not every day, but I still have moments of wondering whether we made the right choice,  my self esteem will probably never be the same.  But, I know that Handsome does love me, and I know that I love him, and I know we both love God, and we want to honor that love and commitment.  It will be thirty years this year, and frankly, neither of us can picture life without the other.
Marriage is hard.  There are so many steps, there are so many hills and valleys.  We grow and change, life changes, children change, everything changes.
If you hold on to the reason you love, you can weather those changes, you can ride the waves instead of being overcome by them.
God promises us that in this life there WILL be trouble, He never said it will be easy.  He did say that if we honor and trust Him, He will make our path straight.  He will not leave or forsake me.

If you are married read the Five Love Languages, even if you are so deliriously happy you could never see any issues.  It is eye opening. It is a short read that will open so many eyes.

I wish all of you a very Blessed Thanksgiving.
Peace and Blessings
LTW

No comments:

Post a Comment