My Blog List

Thursday, July 24, 2014

When you feel better about yourself, you feel better all the way around

Handsome and I have been having a great week.  We are going away for our 20th annual "Christmas in July" camping trip!  We now are going with our grand babies.  This is a group of people who we have gone with for 20 years, faithfully, watching our kids grow up.  What makes us both feel great is the fact that are grown kids choose to go every year with their parents. Quite frankly, Handsome and I both know we would not have hung out with our parents in our late teens and early twenties, but our kids do.  We treasure that.  And the excitement for me is crazy because my twins are going to see it for the first time in their little lives.  Although I told my kids, don't be surprised if they don't sleep like they do at home, and if they melt down its ok.  There will be plenty of "grands" and "aunts and uncles" there to help with the chores.  Then on Saturday night a big "Snow Ball" dance, with all the campers.  It is cheesy great fun.
And that is what has been happening, we are having fun again together.  Real smile and enjoy ourselves fun.  No second guessing , no wondering if he wants to be where he is, because it is readily apparant he does.
We are planning a trip on Route 66, the whole thing.  We have this amazing future we are again looking forward too.
Today.
My prayer is today that this continues, that my demons are behind me.  But for today, life is GOOD>

No comments:

Post a Comment