My Blog List

Monday, September 15, 2014

One of my "Questions for God"

I know when I meet God in Heaven, there will be no questions, because we will all be praising His great Name, but if I could ask a question, this is one that I would definitely ask Him.
"Why God in your great and mighty wisdom make man and woman's libido sooooo different in our later years"?

I know I probably lost many of you.  That is ok.  Praise God if this is not a problem in your life.  But I know in speaking with many women my age, it seems that they are having the same issue.
This also impacts many who are going thru reconciliation at that time in their lives.  There are many ways that this impacts people, but if you are feeling even slightly insecure in your relationship, this certainly does not help.

It is a fact that most men seem to slow down in their later years, and it seems like it starts in the fifties for men.  There are many reasons, physical, mental, stress, or your body because of the aging process is not manufacturing testosterone like it once did.

Now women on the other hand ( and remember this is in my informal research lol) before they hit menopause seem to go thru a time when they feel like a teen aged boy.  This seems to be my problem, and yes, it is a problem.  You would think well what is wrong with that?  Men would say woo hoo, isn't he a lucky guy? Well no he is not a lucky guy.  He is stressed, and he is tired, and he has more work around the house that either of us knows what to do about it.  I asked Handsome about this, his answer was, "I never even think about it anymore" ouch.  "It has nothing to do with you" huh?, then the best one, "The more stress you put on me the worse it gets"  Now please don't get me wrong, I totally understand that men slow down as they age, and that things change.  I am ready willing and able to deal with all those changes, I even spelled it out!  So I try not to push, or make any pressure on him in that area.

BUT, I on the other hand am a woman who is slowly regaining her footing after a terrible period in our lives.  I am trying to get to the place that I was BEFORE, ( you all know the before word, especially if you have or are going thru an emotional affair.)
Part of my healing is him showing me and reassuring me that he does indeed love me, that he is indeed where he wants to be, not where he should be. I want, like any woman to be desired and loved.

He says it is not me.  He is not disappointed in what he sees, that it has nothing to do with me.  But it does have a whole lot to do with me, and it is hard to make him see that.
 It is just another question that I would like to ask God when I get there, and let me tell you , I have a bunch!
I hope all are well and being blessed.
Peace and Blessings. LTW

No comments:

Post a Comment