My Blog List

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Oh dear, what a week

Where do I begin???
Well I have spoke of my in laws, my sister and brother in law, my mother in law who lives with me.  Well the wicked witch of the east (yes she is a REAL witch) has done some real damage to our family.  She said awful things about me, that are #1 untrue and #2 show her to be the ungrateful woman she is.  I have taken care of her mother for 13 years. She rarely comes for a visit, and the last time she did, it was after 4 years of not visiting, and we had to make her feel guilty to come see her mother when she was hospitalized 3 times in a month. Her mother is going down hill fast.  I do not really expect her to live a whole lot longer. The kicker is, she is only 5 1/2 hours away. I live 15 hours away from my mother, and visit 2x every single year.  I talk to my mother a couple times a week.  She wont even call.
Well she stirred up the whole family, wrote a note calling me vile names, and Handsome read it.  Well, Handsome really stood up for me, and has been really really wonderful thru this! At this point in time, I do not know if we will ever speak to them again.
And his mother is in the hospital again, going to a rehab home.  Over night she lost the ability to walk. We have stairs in our older 1940's house.  If she cannot do stairs she will have to go to the nursing home, and we were trying hard to avoid that....:(

Then on top of all this, we had a flood in our basement.  We have lived here for 20 years, and never a drop of water in the basement, ever.  So when Handsome's mother came, we built a bedroom in the basement for our son, who gave up his room for his gma. So yup, all of it is gone. Thankfully we could save electronic things, but lost so much. We spent the past thirty six hours or so trying to pitch everything, rip up carpet, and just try to make it habitable again. It is so damp where I am at, that nothing wants to dry. This coupled with the grief we are getting from his family is leading to some heavy weight landing on my shoulders.

Young son said, look on the bright side mom, we have been wanting to clean out the basement. lol his is correct, but I did not want to clean everything we had out of it, and into the trash!  Oh, and I forgot the kicker is our homeowners insurance will not cover it. None of it. Because we all have extra money laying around.  Right.
I am trying not to focus on the wicked witch of the east, but she said some very hard and hurtful things.  I am trying to focus on what blessings are right in front of me, and I have many.
Handsome and I have been drawn together tightly in this battle with his family, and our storm.  So if there is any pay off, that is it.
Off to clean some more wet things...
Peace and Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment