My Blog List

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

When being nice makes you a target

ARRRRGGGGG.

This rant is today brought to by the letters B*^&) and AS$%%&#
Ok, thats out of the way. Answer me this, why do I continue to do something that gets the same results every time, and why am I surprised?
I was just told by an in law that their son HATES me.  Yeah.  Along with another two in laws who are also hating on me.
Why you ask?  Well because when my brother in law was almost killed by his wifes neglect ( he is young but has had debilitating strokes), I asked brother in law if he wanted to go back home to the wife who almost killed him or did he want our (handsome and I ) help to get out of the house, and get closer to where I live, so that we could help in his care.
So that was what was done.  I take said brother in law to church every week, arranged for two Godly men to come and do a weekly visit with bible study, and I bring him home a couple days a month to hang out with his mother who LIVES WITH ME FOR 13 YEARS NOW. Absorb that one please.
He has two other sisters, one of whom lives two miles from the nursing home, they never call, never do anything.  I had to text his wife and ask if she could maybe bring the kids out to visit him and maybe take him to dinner.  They have not called or talked to him in MONTHS.
His mothers care is getting very very hard, she has fallen and we are looking into daytime arrangements for her, because she is falling, she just fell and her whole face is purple, she landed on her FACE people.
So in saying that, in the past two months, I have not had more than one full pay check due to having to take work off for my mother in law, for various reasons.
All that to set the stage for how hurt I was today by said brother in law.
He said he was sad on facebook, so I called the nursing home to ask what was wrong. When he came on the phone, after trying to decipher what is being said ( which nobody in his family does, they do not have the patience) , I realize he was saying (insert his sons name here) HATES YOU.
OK what?  I wanted to make sure I heard him correctly, ask him to say it again, repeat it back and he says YES.
So why would you tell me that? Just to hurt me? The whole family points their fingers my way saying I am doing things wrong, but not one of them steps up to help me.
I know I should brush it off, but I cried. I don't do this stuff for the "gratitude" believe me if I did, it wouldn't be long before I quit.  I do it for God alone. but I am human, and I was so hurt by that statement.  He did not have to say it, there was no reason for it.
I tell myself, well then just let him be, alone there, and let the others care about him.  But I know me, in two weeks God will poke and prod me, and I will do what is right instead of what makes me feel good or bad.
So today, I am going to visit him and this weekend I will pick him up.
All I need to remember is who and why I do it.
I want to hear "well done good and faithful servant" when I face God one day.
Off to the nursing home I go.
Peace and Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment