My Blog List

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

 

I am a longtime wife.  I met my husband when I was sixteen years old. I can safely say, had either of my children said they met their soul mate at 16 I would tell them they are crazy. Go out, see the world, enjoy your youth, do not tie yourself down to one person. But, they would say, you and Dad are so happy together after all this time, why would you counsel against it.

Why dear children? Because it is so hard some days.  Your father has struggled many times with wondering if this is really what he wants, or is he with me because it is familiar, and what he should be doing.  This is what is expected of us.

I struggle now as well, am I happy with this man? Is he still capable of making me happy? Does he still want to even try. Do I? I love him dearly, with all my heart.  But am I getting loved in return? The way I want to? Or the way I need to according to my love languages?  No, no not really.
I will go on to explain this in the coming days.

Do you love your husband, longtime wife?  Oh yes, yes I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment