My Blog List

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

wow

So, I had 43 views.  How many of you are longtime wives?  I figure I should give some background.  My husband and I met when I was sixteen and he was eighteen.  We went on dates that my dad did not know about, because handsome husband had a motorcycle,(still does).  We did not tell my parents about that for ten years at least lol.
Anyway, we had ups and downs, we would break up, and reunite.  Then, I got pregnant.  Handsome hubby asked me to marry him, and I did, at 8 months pregnant. We were so young, although at the time, you would not have gotten us to admit that! We had a beautiful baby boy, who changed our world.  We were young and trying to navigate in the world of "grown ups".  Working and caring for a baby. My husband worked as a manager at the time at a major auto parts retailer, and was working almost every hour the store was open.  I was trying to work, and care for a baby, basically alone, as my handsome man was always working. I also as a young wife and mother, did not realize that you can easily ignore your husband when  a baby comes along, I was never told to make sure I did not become only a mom, but continue to be a wife to my husband.  As a result, my husband got involved with a girl from work. 
The devastation to me was almost too much to bear.  At first, he said he just didn't love me anymore. And at first I bought this. I put all the blame on me, and tortured myself for neglecting my husband.  It is a very long story, one I may tell in more detail down the road, but my handsome hubby left me and my then 2 year old son.  Actually, he didn't leave, he asked me to leave.  And like a fool I did.
Now the name of the blog is adventures of a longtime wife, so we know how this story eventually ends.  But how the story unfolded was a trial that took me from being an immature young mother, to an adult who proved she can handle adversity.
When one person finds out that their beloved, whom they trusted completely, has broken their trust in such a horrific way, well it creates such emotional turmoil that phyciatrists compare the stress to the death of a spouse.  I could not eat or sleep, I barely functioned for six months.  Then, something happened that brought me up out of the muck of my despair.  A man flirted with me. Yup, a man, other than my handsome husband, flirted with me.  That moment, I realized that I was still desirable as a woman.  That other men might find me attractive, that I was worth a second look.  This did tremendous things for me.  So the natural next step, lets go on a date~!
EEEK. Dating.
I will get into that next time....
if you visit, let me know. If anything I say resonates with you, let me know.  For right now, I want to get my backstory established so you dear reader, have an idea of where I come from with my current thoughts.  Because my current thinking was very much shaped by past events.
So thank you again for your visit.
Part two of my story tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment