My Blog List

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Do you practice giving grace?

My last post had to do with Grace.  How I decided I needed to give Grace to Handsome, even though he did not stick to our deal.  Even though my love bank is not getting filled, his bank is overdrawn right now, and I know that, and I have the power to help him thru this.

So what did I do last night?  I talked to him. I asked what the problem at work was.  I tried to get to the root of the issue. And we talked about it!  I gave him some advice, to approach his situation from the positive side ( I can do this, and it will help this) rather that the negative side ( I guess I am just  a f%^$ up).
Today when I text him to see how his day was starting he said it was going better.  I could here the soft smile coming across.  I told him yay! I affirmed him, told him he is so good at his job, that he just needs to focus on the positive, slow down, quit letting another persons attitude affect his job.
I also am praying for him.  Off and on when I think about it, I just quickly ask God to please bless him with the right answers all day.  That he makes no mistakes that could be prevented. That he remembers to double check his work. That Handsome is indeed a good man in this proffession, and he does know his job.
I know that yesterday, when I text him, I told him to remember he always has a soft place to land at home.  That we should be his refuge from the storm.  I think he truly believed it yesterday.  That was worth everything to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment