My Blog List

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I will give one day of Grace

ARGGGGG!!!!
Well Handsome is having a terrible time at work.  I know that when work is bad, it is no time to force any issue with Handsome.  So the fact that I got no words of affirmation from him yesterday should not surprise me. But I guess in a way I should have confronted him yesterday about it, but I am going to give him today and see if he says anything today.

My heartfelt prayer is that he does, my head and common sense tell me, probably not as he is having another terrible day at work. So I think I will give Grace, because I still am his "soft landing" his "comfort", and if I become another "stress-er" then we will grow ever more apart.  But if I can show Grace to him, show that in his times of trouble, he can land here with me, have a shoulder to lean on, an ear that hears him, and a heart that feels the pain he is feeling. But if I confront him, tell him that he isn't doing this or that, do you think he will think of me as a soft place, or will he think of me as another one of his problems.  I am desperate for him not to see me that way.  He did see me that way when we had our troubles, and as a result he went and found a soft place to land, and it was not me.  I will never allow that to happen again, at least as much as it is my responsibility. I will never take the blame for his indiscretions, but I also know that I contributed to him  being easily lead astray, as I was not what he needed in a wife.  Oh I cooked, cleaned, took care of all of his needs. But I was neglecting his heart.  I was not seeing that he was withdrawing from me. I was focused all on me, and not on how he was feeling.
So today I extend Grace, and pray for better days.  I also pray that he will feel like he can rest his head on my shoulder, cry out his frustrations, and be comforted by the loving arms of his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment