My Blog List

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

How long will it take before your spouse kisses you? Or says I love you without being prompted

So I am a Huge words of affirmation person.  My husband is supposed to be one too. Also physical touch. After this past weekend I have been pretty low, seeing how awful handsome family is.  How his sister had to be shamed into visiting her very sick mother,  after three years!.(She lives only five 1/2 hours away) Part of my sad feelings stem from not feeling loved. Oh my kid yes, grandkids, of course.  But the one person  who I crave these things from, very seldom offers them up.  I decided today, to not do either. Initiate a kiss, or tell him first that I love him. (He does appreciate me caring for his mother)
 My dilemma is this, do I count the bedtime kiss?  Or peck on the lips? He cuddles me, but after a few minutes rolls to his comfy position..
I am sad, my in laws have sucked the love out of me. I keep praying, God, remind me always why I do this, it is not for THEM.
So I will give a daily report, or at least keep track so handsome and I to discuss.
Am I just still being an insecure mess? Or do I have a right to say I need this, why won't you give it to me?!
God told me pretty clearly that I need to quit making handsome feel bad.  But that should not mean we can't discuss what our needs in our marriage are. Am I right?

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment